Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Putting Down Roots

Today begins a new period for us, in a sense. It is one thing to be Olim Chadashim. It is one thing to deal with all of the things we need to in order to get our house in order in the literal and figurative sense. BUT, it is another thing altogether when you begin to set down roots of a long-term nature.

Today, my youngest daughter, Eliana had her orientation for her start of Kitah Tet (9th Grade) in Zvia (the Ulpana--high school) that she will attend, and tomorrow is her first real day of school. As you may have noticed over time, I do not write too much about my kids in the blog as I do not feel that they need to be "written about" in such a public forum. However, this time I am making an exception. On the way home from Mincha, I got to thinking that my YOUNGEST is now in high school. But greater than that...she is in high school in Israel. We are becoming parents of a child going through the school system in Israel. The roots get deeper and deeper here and we are so proud of Eliana who begins this new venture. Daniella began to learn in Neve Yerushalyim (for a short period, but I am thrilled she is there), and Ayelet will begin Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu Ulpan after the Chagim.

Putting down even deeper roots, I "officially" begin my job next week (read: paycheck) but have been networking already, as much as possible. I can not express how grateful to Hashem I am that I indeed have a job AND in a field I love.

Things in the house continue to shape up and as soon as there is significant progress to show, I will post some pictures.

In the meantime, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment