Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

We are Officially Homeless in Chicago!

As of 11:30am local time, my family became homeless. Before you start to pity us, keep in mind that this was THE last major step before leaving on Aliya on Sunday for our NEW home on the other side of the Ocean. I must say that it was an extremely emotional morning for me on two levels. First and foremost was finding out that my dad's condition had dramatically improved. Baruch Hashem, he looked great, was sitting for a little in a chair and talking up a storm. The second reason was the closing on our home. We have lived in this home for 23 1/2 years. We raised our girls here, and all of our life-decisions, discussions, good times and bad focused on the home. As we were driving to the closing, I reviewed many of these milestones in our lives that happened in the house and I began to feel quite emotional. It is not a car...it is not a book...this is where we lived our LIVES. It made me sad...and excited to understand what this sale meant.

Last night, we moved about 95% of the remaining items from the house to my parent's home...including ALL of the luggage...oy, is it going to be fun shlepping all of this!!!

I want to thank all of those who have taken the time to call, email etc about my dad. It is incredible to see the Yad Hashem. While I know I made a similar comment yesterday, one can NEVER adequately thank Hashem for all the chessed shown to a person!

We now are at the threshold of the door awaiting the last Shabbat and subsequent beginning of the journey to NY and beyond. I am so exhausted...I am so tired...I am so excited...I am so nervous.

And what would this blog be without the countdown:

2 days...13 hours and 45 minutes...TICK...TICK...TICK...!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why they call it a closing.

    I think it should be called an opening. The opening of a new chapter in your lives. As you move from this Galut-bound house to one in Israel, everything opens up, and life takes on a whole new meaning and as you close the front door behind you for the final time, may this closing open many new doors in your Aliya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen Radloff/sister-in-lawJuly 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM

    I will miss you , my sister, and neices so much. Skype me often. Hopefully one day I will make it back to Israel. I was only 15 when I went but it was beautiful and brought me a sense of peace. I'm glad your father is doing well. Your family has always been a big part of mine. Good Shabbos , Good Bye and Thank you!!!!!!Love you

    ReplyDelete